At long last, Friends of the Family has the kind of facility we have dreamed of for many years – a place that will greatly expand our capacity to help struggling families thrive and succeed!
Our new address is:
16861 Parthenia Street, North Hills, CA 91343
Phone and fax numbers stay the same: (818) 988-4430 (phone) and (818) 988-4633 (fax).
Stay tuned for pictures of this exciting adventure and plan to come visit us at our grand opening ceremony later this year!
A thousand thank yous to all those who have already so generously supported this project! Read more...
• The Technology and Computer Learning Lab that will enable our young moms and young dads to further the skills they need to provide for their young children
• The Parent Salon & Library that will provide a respite for moms and dads living in neighborhoods rife with crime and gang activity, allowing them to come together and learn about parenting and child development so that they can truly be the champions, cheerleaders, and mentors their children need them to be
• The Healthy Living Space that will allow families who come from neighborhoods with some of the highest obesity and preventable disease rates in the city to engage in nutrition and cooking classes and movement and exercise which will lead to much better health outcomes
• The Family Wellness Institute which will provide classes and activities for the whole family including arts, crafts, music, fitness, yoga, mindfulness meditation, homework club, book club, story time, and much more
• Counseling Rooms that make individual and family counseling available to children and families on very limited budgets so that their social and emotional health can be enhanced
• The Family Gardens and Children's Outdoor Classroom which will provide an outdoor garden area for children to connect with nature through hands-on learning activities and which will allow them to tend the kind of flowers and plants that attract butterflies, the symbol of change and growth
• The Clothes and Food Pantry which will provide concrete supports to families who struggle to make ends meet and often cannot, even when working two jobs at a time
• The Community Room that is large enough for neighborhood gatherings and for inter-agency collaboration so that everyone can work together to make challenged communities work better for their residents
We are embarking on a new chapter in the life of Friends of the Family and we invite you to join us as we move forward. Working together, we can create an oasis of hope and opportunity for children and families who really need help to change the trajectory of their lives. Please join us!